There Is Someone For You !

   MY DOG HARRY - MY HEART OF DREAMS ...   

“If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” - Roger Caras

Many a time, when our days are dull, filled with loneliness and despair, we need someone to lean on to, someone to look at our eyes and hold our hands and convey "Everything's gonna be fine and in the meanwhile you have me”. I have had my share of those dull days. A bad day at school, an argument with my parents, or a sudden depression that has no cause or reason. Just the feel of his fur in my fingers, the look in his soft green eyes, the depth in them and his calm face is enough to soothe me and calm me down. I used to hug him with tears in my eyes and cry out my heart while he sat patiently letting me empty my tears on his soft face.
A dog, though a kid at heart definitely knows how to behave with a troubled human. It was a true miracle, for us humans when nature decided to make it worth our while by introducing us to this specific species that has a heart of gold. It is amazing to experience the ways a dog connects to us. I still remember his first night at our home. My dad made him sleep on his chest and there Harry dozed listening to my dad's heart beat like a puppy would when he sleeps next to his mother. This was the routine every night for the first week. Well for the rest of the days, he liked to chew on my dad's fingers to go to sleep.
The image of him as a puppy chasing butterflies during summer, squinting his eyes against the sun, twitching his nose to the smells from the kitchen, still stays in my mind. Of all my childhood memories, this particular one crowns the rest.
It is a wonderful feeling when you love your dog. It makes us feel the connection with other humans seem boring and pointless. Being greeted by a wet nose after a hard day makes the rest of the day seem like a bad dream.
At least there is someone in this world with whom we don’t have to play mind games, hold grudges and put on act to impress. We could wear our dirty pajamas and look  like we were just brought back from the dead and they'll love us all the same, like nature loves its children.

“You can say any fool thing to a dog and the dog will just give you this look that says, 'My GOSH, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!” - Dave Barry

Written By: Ms.NIVYA SHEKHER

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

A NOTE FROM THE BLOGGER

Hello! I appreciate your interest & patience while browsing this blog. Being yourself an animal lover, you would be kind to bear with me a little slow loading due to HQ graphics. It only happens in the first time and once the web cache / cookies are created, you will feel that it’s worth the small wait.

The blog is updated periodically. You will never miss the contents of this Blog if your Browser is tuned with Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX installed.

Some of the pictures displayed in my weblog are from my collections which I have been gathering from internet. I sincerely thank the creators for allowing me to place the same as per my liking to match my presentations. I am utilizing such pictures without altering their meta content and descriptions and in case the author of those images feels that the same is copy right owned I will ensure removal.

Dr. MUDHAN

MY BLOGS & BADGES

Blogger Liara Covert said...

It’s amazing how many different ways exist to explore creativity. Your blog reminds visitors that they are unlimited beings with much untapped potential. Keep smiling and inspiring people.