Living With Nature, in the Yorkshire Dale (Part-II)


LIVING WITH NATURE, IN THE YORKSHIRE DALE 
Part II
“I have wandered through the Yorkshire hills with veterinary doctor Herriot many times, mostly when I needed peace and an escape from my own depression and overwhelming melancholy. I can think of no books(s) outside of the Bible that is capable of providing such medicinal peace, and sheer goodness of spirit. “            - Norman Schell 
Yorkshire Dale  is my dream land.  It is a veritable fairyland. 
There are cloud-kissing peaks, dense forests, rushing streams, undulating emerald green plains, sudden drops, valleys and glades. Breathing air so fresh with grassy, nature’s fragrance, and feeling tranquility with sounds- yes sounds of streams, mooing of cows, and chirps of sparrows & cuckoos would be an experience of  heaven.   
Let me see what my daughter feels ….

I wish we could all posses a time traveler. I wish to back in time and see for myself , how beautiful the Dales would have been then, many decades ago. Though I doubt it would changed much. One will definitely feel like a different person when the fresh,cool air touches one's cheeks. And Oh! how I wish i were a sheep, to mindlessly graze all day long and when I'm tired of feeding on the soft and succulent green grass I would just plop down on the ground and may be enjoy a nap. The sheep seem to have a schedule of their own. Mindless of the people passing by and of the cars huffing and puffing on the steep mountains. They do not so  much as even twitch their ears as if they do not want to waste their time and energy which they could rather spend on passionately chewing the grass. And when I drove along the narrow yet beautiful roads all I could remember was how Dr. Herriot had enjoyed lying down on the grass and looking up at the wide open  sky. And I felt like a whole new person. I was happier than ever and grabbed as much exercise as I could without being bored.

Revisit Part I : Click HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

A NOTE FROM THE BLOGGER

Hello! I appreciate your interest & patience while browsing this blog. Being yourself an animal lover, you would be kind to bear with me a little slow loading due to HQ graphics. It only happens in the first time and once the web cache / cookies are created, you will feel that it’s worth the small wait.

The blog is updated periodically. You will never miss the contents of this Blog if your Browser is tuned with Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX installed.

Some of the pictures displayed in my weblog are from my collections which I have been gathering from internet. I sincerely thank the creators for allowing me to place the same as per my liking to match my presentations. I am utilizing such pictures without altering their meta content and descriptions and in case the author of those images feels that the same is copy right owned I will ensure removal.

Dr. MUDHAN

MY BLOGS & BADGES

Blogger Liara Covert said...

It’s amazing how many different ways exist to explore creativity. Your blog reminds visitors that they are unlimited beings with much untapped potential. Keep smiling and inspiring people.